The criteria for designating Center Members have been established by the Executive Committee.
The criteria are as follows:
- The member must have an interest in basic muscle biology or development of therapeutics related to muscle disease as well as federal funding to carry out this research.
- The member must have a willingness to participate in the monthly seminar series.
- The member must have a willingness to attend the annual retreat.
- The member must have an expressed interest in using at least one core facility to accompany the member's research program.
Privileges of Center Membership include:
- Ability to compete for pilot and feasibility study funding.
- Availability of core facilities to benefit their individual research endeavors.
- The benefit of interacting with an intellectually engaging group of muscle researchers and access to free exchange of ideas.
- Participation in seminars, journal clubs and the retreat.
To join the Center, please contact either Stanley Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Melissa Spencer (email@example.com)